Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
Price’s Patent Candles Ltd is a candle maker to Her Majesty the Queen and wholesale and retail distributor of candles and accessories operating from 16 Hudson Road, Elms Farm Industrial Estate, MK41 0LZ.
As a responsible Company:-
- We believe CSR is about understanding the business’ impact on the wider world and how we can influence this impact in a positive way.
- We strive to maintain our good business practices and high standards of ethics that include honesty, fairness, equality, dignity, diversity and individual rights and encourage a business approach that contributes to sustainable development by delivering economic, social and environmental benefits for all stakeholders.
- We will continue to value our employees and we are committed to fairness, equality of opportunity and diversity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures.
- We shall continue to support local and national charities and are actively involved in charitable giving and encourage our staff to engage in this process.
- We have committed to ensure that we reduce our environmental impact and believe that all organisations are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and we will encourage our stakeholders to do the same.
We are committed to being a responsible and purposeful business and recognise that we must incorporate our business values to include and meet the expectations of our stakeholders, and to encourage others to adopt responsible attitudes and encourage sustainable supply chains. Our stakeholders include customers, employees, suppliers, the community and the environment.
- We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to our stakeholders are integral to our business and we aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our policies.
- We shall be open and honest in our strategies, targets, performance in our continual commitment to sustainable development. We will also take seriously all feedback that we receive from our stakeholders and, where possible, make changes to ensure we achieve and maintain our responsibilities.
- The Managing Director is responsible for the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realise our corporate responsibilities
- The responsibility for our performance for this policy rests with all employees throughout the company.
- We strive to maintain good business practices, to ensure a high level of business performance and to uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our relationships with all our stakeholders
- Our supplier terms are clearly set out to show the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship and will operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices. We will register and resolve customer complaints in accordance with our high standards of service.
- We shall promote and encourage suppliers to adopt responsible business policies and practices by introducing a new supplier questionnaire, which encourages businesses to review and advise us of their current practices and policies.
- The Company is committed to its on-going programme of equal opportunity and non-discrimination for all. These policies also relate to how we offer and provide services to our customers and the community. We provide clear and fair terms of employment and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment in line with our Health and Safety policy.
- We believe our core values and integrity, means it is our social responsibility to do business in a way that brings benefits to our stakeholders.
- We actively support a range of charities and shall continue to do so. We shall also support and encourage our employees to help local community organisations and activities in our region
- We recognise our broader responsibility to the environment and shall continue to develop our Environmental Policy and objectives and remain committed to reducing our impact.